After confirming that AMC Theatres will indeed add Shiba Inu for purchasing certain goods, the company’s CEO – Adam Aron – has announced that the addition will come in the first few months of 2021.
- One of the world’s largest movie theater chains – AMC Entertainment Holdings – has been highly bullish on the cryptocurrency industry in the past several months.
- It announced initially that it will enable its clients to purchase several services with some of the largest digital assets, such as BTC, ETH, BCH, and LTC, which became official earlier this month.
- Shortly after, the company dabbled with the most popular (at the time at least) meme coin – Dogecoin, before Adam Aron carried out a poll to determine whether the firm should add the self-proclaimed DOGE killer – Shiba Inu.
- As most people voted with “yes,” Aron updated during a Q3 earnings call that SHIB will indeed become a payment option at some point but failed to provide the exact timing.
- In a more recent update on his Twitter page, though, AMC’s CEO informed that Shiba Inu will be available in the next 60-120 days.
- Moreover, Aron indicated that the move will be possible after a partnership with the cryptocurrency service provider – BitPay.
Attention #SHIBArmy: Our friends @Bitpay decided to support Shiba Inu specifically because I asked, so AMC can take Shiba Inu for online payments of movie tickets and concessions. @AMCTheatres to be the first @bitpay client to accept Shiba Inu. Timing 60-120 days. This is a WOW! pic.twitter.com/F54i22hHDv
— Adam Aron (@CEOAdam) November 15, 2021