The native token for Optimism (OP) – an Ethereum layer 2 scaling solution – is prepared for its airdrop scheduled for today. Multiple exchanges including KuCoin, OKX, MEXC, AAX, and LBank have already announced plans to list the token.
- Earlier today, OKX announced that OP deposits would start being accepted at 16:30 UST on Tuesday. Should deposits reach the required threshold, the exchange has agreed to list the token, and make it available for withdrawal on June 2nd at 10 am.
- Meanwhile, KuCoin revealed that OP deposits would be available two hours before OKX. AAX, MEXC, and LBank have issued their own statements on the matter.
- Optimism is an EVM-compatible blockchain built for simplicity and practical use, meant to make Ethereum transactions cheaper and faster than normal.
- OP will be a governance token for the protocol’s Token House – one of two hubs making up Optimism’s governance system.
- The Token House is responsible for managing treasury funds, upgrades, and parameters of the network. Meanwhile, the Citizen House will distribute retroactive public goods from the fees generated by the network.
- The token supply will amount to 4,294,967,296 OP, but only 225,485,783 OP will be part of the initial circulating supply. Those eligible for its airdrop include Optimism’s early users, which accounted for over 250,000 addresses in April.