Earlier in June, Google revealed that it would update its Financial products and services policy to once again allow cryptocurrency businesses to advertise through its search engine. Now, the changes take effect.
- As CryptoPotato reported earlier in June, Google had revealed that they plan to update the Financial products and services policy.
- Yesterday, the update kicked in, and cryptocurrency businesses can once again advertise through its platform.
- However, there are still some requirements to be considered.
- Only cryptocurrency exchanges in the US are allowed to promote their businesses through Google. They have to be registered with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and also to comply with all relevant legal requirements and Google Ads policies.
- Some restrictions still remain for cryptocurrency companies associated with Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), DeFi trading protocols, and so forth.