With Bitcoin having recently touched its lowest price point in 2022, some Bitcoin enthusiasts feel that now is a good time to buy.
One of them is Edward Snowden. The ex-NSA contractor said on Monday that he is feeling the urge to “scale back in” to Bitcoin for “the first time in a while.”
- In his statement over Twitter, Snowden attached a Bitcoin price chart marking the last time he had released a similar statement.
- At the time, Snowden said he “felt like buying Bitcoin” following ‘Black Thursday’ in March of 2020, after which Bitcoin rose from $3000 to $64,000 within roughly one year.
There's still a lot of trouble ahead, but for the first time in a while I'm starting to feel the itch to scale back in. pic.twitter.com/saZXYq8MT2
— Edward Snowden (@Snowden) November 14, 2022
“This is actually not financial advice, since I have zero financial education and no idea what I’m doing,” Snowden clarified following Monday’s tweet.
- The whistleblower added that user’s should “practice safe DEX” when investing in crypto, to avoid the dangers of centralized exchanges losing one’s money.
- Snowden has previously praised Bitcoin for its freedom-affording properties. When releasing classified documents from the NSA, the whistleblower said he used servers that were paid for through Bitcoin.
- That said, the computer intelligence expert has also criticized Bitcoin for its poor privacy. Snowden was one of six members involved in the creation of a more privacy-focused currency called ZCash.
- Snowden noted that he still believes there’s “trouble ahead” for crypto markets – a common sentiment following the collapse of crypto exchange FTX last week.