- 100x Group, the organization that owns and operates the popular Bitcoin derivatives platform BitMEX, has appointed a new Chief Compliance Officer – Malcolm Wright.
- According to the official announcement, Wright will lead the company’s compliance efforts globally. He will assist with BitMEX’s goal to complete its User Verification Programme and to “further enhance our compliance function.”
- Wright has a 30-year experience in compliance and anti-money laundering (AML) and currently sits on multiple international committees. He also chairs the Advisory Council and AML Working Group at another cryptocurrency-oriented firm – Global Digital Finance.
“For me, compliance is non-negotiable, and a prerequisite for exchanges to be embraced by regulators and institutional investors alike. My vision is for 100x Group, through the BitMEX platform, to play a lead role in shaping how this industry collaborates with regulators to ensure everyone can safely avail of digital markets.” – Wright commented.
- The statement explained that Wright will report directly to the Interim Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Vivien Khoo.
- Khoo took the Interim CEO role after the former CEO Arthur Hayes stepped down last week.
- As CryptoPotato reported earlier this month, the US Commodity and Futures Trading Commission charged the owners of BitMEX, namely Hayes, Ben Delo, and Samuel Reed, with illegally operating a derivatives platform. This led to significant internal changes within the 100x Group, and Wright’s appointment seems to be the latest one.