Nayib Bukele, who made history last year by becoming the first President to adopt bitcoin as legal tender, believes two more countries will follow this example in 2022. Additionally, he predicted a price tag of $100,000 for the primary cryptocurrency.
- It’s safe to say that El Salvador is the most open country in terms of BTC adoption as it voted for the asset to become legal tender in 2021.
- Following this historic move, the nation and its pro-bitcoin President have continued to outline BTC’s merits, accumulate more during price dips, and use the proceeds to build schools and hospitals.
- Despite the enhanced criticism from traditional financial organizations such as the Bank of England and the IMF, Bukele has not backed down. Just the opposite, he and numerous proponents of the cryptocurrency outlined intentions to build a Bitcoin City in El Salvador.
- One of the predictions that he listed today for Bitcoin in 2022 includes that the city’s construction will commence this year.
- He also believes that two more nations will follow El Salvador’s path and adopt BTC as legal tender.
- Bukele outlined a possible massive surprise at the annual Bitcoin Conference. Interestingly, the 2021 edition brought such a surprise as El Salvador announced its plans to adopt BTC during that event.
- Bukele sees bitcoin becoming a “major electoral issue in US elections this year” as the world’s most powerful economy continues to dabble with how to approach BTC and the entire crypto industry.
- In terms of price action, El Salvador’s leader said bitcoin will finally go into a six-digit territory by touching $100,000.
2022 predictions on #Bitcoin:
•Will reach $100k
•2 more countries will adopt it as legal tender
•Will become a major electoral issue in US elections this year
•Bitcoin City will commence construction
•Volcano bonds will be oversubscribed
•Huge surprise at @TheBitcoinConf
— Nayib Bukele 🇸🇻 (@nayibbukele) January 2, 2022