Leading cryptocurrency exchanges, such as Bybit, BitMEX, and Bitfinex, vowed to support victims of Turkey’s disastrous earthquake with aid packages.
Binance is also looking to help the affected people.
- A massive earthquake with a magnitude of 7.8 struck southern Turkey earlier today (February 6) and killed over 1,500 people. Hundreds of buildings collapsed, meaning the number of victims could rise significantly once emergency services scour the ruins.
- Numerous governments, corporations, and firms sent their condolences to the Asian country and promised to help amid the tragedy. The cryptocurrency exchanges BitMEX, Bitfinex, and Bybit put their names on the list, too.
- In a Twitter post, BitMEX said their thoughts are with all the people affected by the cataclysm. It vowed to donate the proceeds of this week’s Trading Competition to the Red Crescent and thus support Turkish victims.
- Bitfinex assured it is working on an aid package and promised to provide updates as soon as possible.
- Bybit was “deeply saddened” by the news and sent condolences to those who lost family members or friends.
“Our aid is on its way to the affected region. We convey our best wishes to all Turkish friends and hope to overcome this disaster with the least damage,” the platform added.
- Changpeng Zhao – CEO of Binance – revealed that his company is also exploring ways to help.
- Cryptocurrency organizations have previously supported affected regions, with Ukraine being one example.
- Binance, Kraken, and many other industry players donated millions of dollars worth of digital assets to the country shortly after Russia launched its “special military operation” a year ago.
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.