After being stuck around $66,000, bitcoin initiated an impressive leg up, added $3,000 of value in minutes, broke its previous all-time high, and registered a new one at $69,000.
- CryptoPotato reported less than 48 hours ago when the primary cryptocurrency broke its October ATH of $67,000 and painted a new all-time high at $68,600 (on CoinGecko).
- The asset calmed in the following day and a half and remained around $66,000 following a minor retracement.
- However, it seems the highly bullish Q4 2021 run will not be stopped this easily, and BTC went on the offensive once more.
- In just a matter of minutes, the cryptocurrency skyrocketed by $3,000 and registered a new all-time high of $69,000 (on Bitstamp).
- Despite retracing by a few hundred dollars since the latest peak, bitcoin’s market capitalization has neared $1.3 trillion for the first time.
- According to 8MarketCap, the cryptocurrency is now the 8th largest asset in the entire world, surpassing Tesla and Meta (Facebook).
- Bitcoin is also very close to silver, with roughly $100 billion separating the two. Further above are situated Amazon, Google, Saudi Aramco, Apple, Microsoft, and gold.