CryptoCom – a leading North American cryptocurrency exchange – has launched its new in-app Google Pay purchase feature. This will allow users to purchase cryptocurrency more quickly through their Android devices through Google Pay.
- According to a press release shared with CryptoPotato, users may take advantage of the feature so long as their debit/credit card is added to their Google Pay.
- With that, users may purchase over 250 cryptocurrencies available at the exchange with the CryptoCom app.
- To use the feature, users must tap “Trade” on the app’s homepage, then “Buy” to select a cryptocurrency.
- They must then select “Google Pay” under the “Cash” tab, then click “Buy” again.
- From there, users must tick the checkbox to accept their card’s processing fees, then tap “Continue” and “Confirm.”
“Once the purchase is complete, the balances will be updated accordingly in users’ Crypto Wallet and they will also be able to check their transaction history in the Crypto.com App,” reads the press release.
- In May, CryptoCom expanded CryptoCom Pay to Shopify merchants, allowing its customers to buy products using over 20 cryptocurrencies and tokens.
- The exchange also provides a Visa card that pays cashback using its native Cronos (CRO) token. In May, the price of the token crashed by 15% after the company slashed those rewards.
- Google partnered with the digital asset marketplace Bakkt in October to allow users to integrate their Bakkt Visa Debit card into Google Pay. This allows holders to use Google Pay to effectively buy assets with crypto at any merchant that accepts Visa.