Binance, the biggest crypto exchange by trading volume, announced plans to expand its investments and operations into France’s STATION F, the largest startup campus in the world. Changpeng Zhao (CZ), founder and CEO of Binance, described the new space as the creative and innovative launchpad of his company’s footprints in Europe.
The ‘Objective Moon’ initiative was established to feature a new Binance R&D hub in France, supporting the development of the French and European blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem.
- Binance’s efforts in joining the STATION F are part of the “Objective Moon” program announced last November, aiming to turn France into the core of the European crypto community through a €100M investment, according to a press release by Station F.
- Binance will put its experts and resources to assist upcoming projects and startups in STATION F.
- By providing customized support from the BNB Chain, NFT Labs, and Binance Labs teams to design, develop and improve their ideas and projects, the exchange will also connect projects and startups to its partners and facilitate collaborations with “major players in the ecosystem.”
- Roxanne Varza, Director of STATION F, welcomed Binance’s move and referred to it as a stimulator for people to better understand blockchain and crypto.
- Recently, CZ has demonstrated enthusiasm for physically expanding Binance’s crypto empire into France. As he tweeted that he was to attend the Paris Blockchain Week Summit, he voiced support for the stock exchange building in Paris “progressive enough to let a crypto exchange hang a banner.”
- Besides France, India is another country CZ has turned his eyes for its web 3.0 infrastructure developments. Previously, he claimed that the nation is a “natural frontrunner” in the evolution of the next generation of blockchain applications and that the company is planning to work with India’s “outstanding startups.”