By partnering with the bitcoin-centered company New York Digital Investment Group (NYDIG), UNIFY will become the first credit union to offer BTC services to its members. The collaboration was also joined by pro football player Safety John Johnson III.
- The announcement from earlier this week informed that UNIFY customers will now be able to buy, sell, and hodl bitcoin alongside their traditional accounts within the online banking platforms.
- The organization has more than 260,000 members across the US, with branches in California, Nevada, Arizona, and Texas, handling over $3 billion in assets.
- By becoming the first credit union to adopt bitcoin for its clients, UNIFY wants to “stay on the leading edge of financial services as technology, and consumer interests continue to evolve,” said the organization’s President and CEO – Gordon Howe.
“As digital currencies enter the mainstream, we’re excited to provide members a convenient, secure, and immediate way to access cryptocurrency alongside their traditional account services as part of our core digital offering.” – he added.
- Upon purchasing $500 worth of BTC through UNIFY’s platform by February 14th, all members will have the chance to win a limited NFT collection created by Safety John Johnson III called “JJ3.”
- Additionally, winners will be able to have a one-on-one Zoom call with the pro football player.
- NYDIG has made numerous partnerships with large traditional financial organizations to enhance bitcoin’s adoption. One of the most recent examples came last week when the company collaborated with Five Star Bank to offer customers access to BTC.