The cryptocurrency space has seen numerous prominent individuals who went from criticizing it to joining it years later. Jordan Belfort, who used to bash bitcoin but later predicted it will tap $100,000, is now a keen supporter of the non-fungible token industry.
- NFTs have garnered the attention of numerous celebrities outside of the cryptocurrency space in the past year.
- Individuals like Tom Brady, Steph Curry, Eminem, and Paris Hilton, to giant organizations like Marvel Studios, DC, New York Knicks, and more, have all hopped on the bandwagon in some form.
- The latest to dip his toes is the so-called Wolf of Wall Street, Jordan Belfort. He expressed his astonishment at the space in a recent tweet and vowed never to leave it.
WOW! I LOVE NFT TWITTER! AND NOW THAT I’M HERE, I’M NOT FUCKING LEAVING!
— Jordan Belfort (@wolfofwallst) October 25, 2021
- This is somewhat intriguing coming from Belfort due to his past. He used every opportunity to lash out at the primary cryptocurrency and the rest of the industry years ago.
- Back in 2018, when most tokens were in a bear market, and bitcoin had lost more than half of its USD value in months, he tapped to his past and said the BTC landscape reminds him of the days where he and his company used to scam people.
- Moreover, he urged investors who wanted to get in because “they believed in it” to run away.
- Earlier this year, though, Belfort changed his tune. He went from predicting that bitcoin will go away to envisioning a price tag of $100,000.
- He reasoned that the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent actions undertaken by world governments completely changed his mind on the asset.
- Following his latest Tweet, after which he also changed his profile pic to include an NFT, it seems that he is now a believer in non-fungible assets as well.
Featured Image Courtesy of FullFiguredNews