Samsung – one of the world’s leading technology companies and a smartphone behemoth brand – has teamed up with Veritree to combat the adverse effects of climate change.
- According to an official blog post, Samsung Electronics America is launching a new project designed to act in support of a healthier climate and planet.
- The company will reportedly mobilize the growth and the conservation of more than two million trees on the territory of Madagascar by the end of Q1 2022.
- The initiative will take place in partnership with a platform called Veritree that’s oriented towards blockchain-based climate solutions.
- Speaking on the matter was Samsung’s Mark Newton, who said:
Investing in tech innovations, such as those that create efficiency improvements and minimize waste, in combination with nature-based solutions, are vital in the fight against climate change.
- Veritree is a platform that provides nature-based solutions, leveraging blockchain technology in conjunction with on-the-ground data capture.
- The project notably uses the Cardano blockchain for its efforts. This was also outlined by the Head of Brand & Communications at the Cardano Foundation – Sidney Vollmer.