Prominent business intelligence and software company MicroStrategy is looking to hire a software engineer to develop a Lightning Network-based SaaS platform.
This comes shortly after the firm’s former CEO – Michael Saylor – stepped down.
- According to its job listing, the company has advertised for a position that seeks an experienced software developer for a new platform that will be developed to offer enterprises “innovative solutions to cyber-security challenges and enabling new e-commerce use cases.”
- The recruit will be tasked with building software solutions utilizing Bitcoin Blockchain and Lightning Network or other decentralized finance technologies. Contribution to Bitcoin Core, lnd, and other crypto and large open source projects are also some of the other focus areas.
- MicroStrategy happens to be one of the largest BTC holders and has so far acquired 130,000 coins since first jumping into the scene in 2020.
- The vacancy comes weeks after Michael Saylor, the Co-Founder and former Chief Executive of the Nasdaq-listed tech company, revealed working on enterprise applications of the second layer scaling solution.
- Saylor had stated,
“MicroStrategy has got some R&D projects going on right now where we’re working on enterprise applications of Lightning: enterprise Lightning wallet, enterprise Lightning servers, enterprise authentication.”
- Saylor recently stepped down as the CEO of MicroStrategy and pivoted from his joint role as chairman and CEO for the first time since founding the company over three decades ago.
- MicroStrategy suffered a digital asset impairment charge of $917 million as per its second quarter financial results, as Bitcoin’s price slashed over 65% since its peak.