After the controversy around her own NFT, Melania Trump announced that her high-profile husband will also release a digital collection. It will arrive in four days and will celebrate his Presidency.
- Mrs. Trump took it to social media to announce the latest non-fungible token collection coming from her family. In this case, though, it will be her husband – the former President of the US – Donald Trump.
- The collection will drop on February 21st, known as the official Presidents Day in the States.
- The POTUS TRUMP NFT Collection, as it will be named, will consist of 10 original pieces of digital artwork, aiming to highlight “iconic” moments of Trump’s Administration.
- These include the July 4th visit to Mount Rushmore and celebrating Christmas at the White House.
- There’re will be 10,000 NFTs tiered into platinum and gold levels, as revealed on the bottom of Melania Trump’s post.
Official POTUS TRUMP NFT Collection // Launching Presidents Day pic.twitter.com/fHht5vQesL
— MELANIA TRUMP (@MELANIATRUMP) February 17, 2022
- Mrs. Trump promised that investors will be able to “enjoy an element of surprise, as the artwork of each NFT is revealed only after purchase.”
“I am proud to expand upon my NFT platform and am honored to be able to recognize important moments in our Nation’s history. I look forward to collaborating with others to offer truly special, authentic parts of US history.”- Melania Trump commented.
- It’s worth noting that she launched her NFT venture in December last year, based on Solana. She also had an NFT collection of her own, but on-chain data revealed that the funds that bought it actually came from her wallet.
- It’s somewhat of a surprise that Donald Trump has decided to join the NFT bandwagon, keeping in mind that he has bashed the cryptocurrency industry quite frequently in the past.