The Chinese entrepreneur and Founder of TRON Foundation – Justin Sun – claimed he holds “tens of millions” of Huobi Tokens.
He also said his new role as a Global Advisor at Huobi could allow him to accelerate the development of the digital asset.
- A few days ago, the crypto exchange Huobi launched a Global Advisory Board and invited prominent names from the industry to join it.
- One of the individuals was Justin Sun, who was “very honored” to become a member of the organization and aid its future development.
- The newly-established entity, combined with fresh investment funding and the recent acquisition agreement between Huobi and About Capital, boosted the price of the platform’s native cryptocurrency – Huobi Token (HT). Currently, it trades at around $7.90, or nearly 90% up compared to its past week’s price.
- In a recent interview for Bloomberg, Sun revealed he owns massive amounts of the asset, saying he started accumulating in 2013.
“I would see myself as one of the biggest holders” of HT across the globe, he said.
- The Chinese raised hopes that his position at Huobi will enable him to boost further the development of the exchange’s ecosystem and the native token. He also displayed intentions to expand Huobi’s presence in China should domestic watchdogs change their hostile crypto stance in the future.
- Sun stated that his team had been closely monitoring tokens of bankrupt entities such as Celsius Network’s CEL. As of the moment, though, they have not decided to interact with it.
Featured Image Courtesy of SCMP