With nearly 90% of investments located in its Bitcoin Trust, Grayscale could be providing new diversification products to its institutional investors. Recent filings in Delaware revealed that the company has registered for new cryptocurrency products for the privacy-oriented coin Monero and three DeFi tokens – Polkadot, Cosmos, and Aave.
- According to the filings made by the Delaware Trust Company, listed as Grayscale Investment’s statutory trustee for the state, the asset manager has already registered four new trusts. Those are for Aave, Cosmos, Polkadot, and Monero.
- It’s worth noting that the filings don’t guarantee that Grayscale will indeed proceed with launching Trusts for all these cryptocurrency assets. The registrations only signify the company’s interest and the ability to release such products.
- CryptoPotato reported recently that the asset manager, acting through the Delaware Trust Company again, filed for registrations for Chainlink, Tezos, Decentraland, Livepeer, and Basic Attention Token in late December 2020. Shortly after, the firm filed documents for Cardano, as well.
- With the most recent filings, it seems that Grayscale will aim to reap the benefits of the decentralized finance sector with Trust following the performance of such tokens – Aave, Cosmos, and Polkadot.
- The cryptocurrency asset manager offers its clients exposure to numerous digital assets, with Bitcoin gathering the most significant share. Grayscale has enjoyed 2020 with record-breaking inflows, and the total assets under management (AUM) exploded by 10x to above $20 billion at the end of the year.