The price of the popular meme-inspired cryptocurrency – FLOKI – has soared by more than 40% in the past 24 hours.
The surge happened shortly after the American subsidiary of Binance – Binance.US – listed the asset on its platform.
- Binance.US – Binance’s arm designed to serve United States residents – added FLOKI among the supported coins on its platform, saying users can trade it against USD and USDT.
Deposits are NOW open for $FLOKI on #BinanceUS!
The @RealFlokiInu ecosystem consists of a Play-to-Earn game, FlokiFi (DeFi), Floki prepaid card (Visa/Mastercard), as well as NFT collections and marketplaces, with more to come.
Learn more: https://t.co/eyf4Bdd88j
— Binance.US 🇺🇸 (@BinanceUS) April 24, 2023
- The token’s price reacted positively to the news, rising to approximately $0.00003987: 40% more than the valuation 24 hours ago.
- FLOKI has been one of the best performers on the crypto market in the past several months. A possible reason behind that could be Elon Musk’s interaction with it, even if they don’t seem directly correlated at times.
- One of the wealthiest people on the planet displayed a sarcastic picture of his dog in February, wearing glasses and signing a contract to become the new CEO of Twitter.
- Keeping in mind that his Shiba Inu breed is named Floki, it is no wonder why the price of the dog-themed digital asset – FLOKI – climbed by over 40%.
- This was not the first time Musk had triggered a price increase for the memecoin. He dressed his dog in a Santa Claus outfit on Christmas 2021.
- FLOKI skyrocketed by 19,000% in the next 48 hours before tumbling shortly after.
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter CRYPTOPOTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.