Bob Lee – Cash App founder and former CTO of Jack Dorsey-owned Block – has been identified as the victim of a fatal stabbing near downtown San Francisco.
The incident is being investigated by the SFPD Homicide.
- According to a report, Lee, 43, died after being found stabbed on the 400 block of Main Street in SoMa early Tuesday morning.
- The police said the Bay Area tech executive was provided with medical assistance. First responders were also called to the scene to provide additional life-saving measures. Lee was then taken to a hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
- No arrests have been made so far, but it remains an active investigation. The officials have urged anyone with information to call the SFPD 24-hour Tip Line.
- A flood of tributes poured in on several social media platforms eulogizing the executive who had served as the chief product officer of cryptocurrency MobileCoin since November 2021.
- Block’s Jack Dorsey also announced the death of Lee on the decentralized social media platform, Nostr.
- Meanwhile, Bill Barhydt, the CEO of crypto wallet company Abra, also tweeted,
“I just got the devastating news that our friend Bob Lee was killed in SF early today. Bob was a dad, the former CTO of Square where he created Cash App & CTO of Mobile Coin. He was a generous decent human being who didn’t deserve to be killed.”
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter CRYPTOPOTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.