Formerly known as a Bitcoin-only derivatives exchange, BitMEX has abandoned its plans as it adds support for new assets, with the latest being Ethereum’s native token – Ether.
- The announcement from March 21 informed that users will be able to deposit, withdraw, buy, and convert ETH effective immediately.
- This comes as an addition to the previously available cryptocurrencies – bitcoin (BTC) and Tether (USDT ERC-20).
- Customers have the option to choose from 36 fiat currencies when purchasing digital assets on BitMEX. Some of those include USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, BRL, CAD, CHF, etc.
- The exchange promised that users will be able to convert USDT to the second-largest crypto “without paying any hidden fees. You won’t have to worry about slippage, as all crypto converter transactions on BitMEX occur instantly, and at the conversion price shown.”
- During his interview with CryptoPotato last year, the company’s CEO – Alexander Hoeptner – explained his vision on how to transform BitMEX into a larger player in the crypto industry.
- Now, the statement informed that the firm wants to add new assets in the following weeks, aside from Ethereum.
- Additionally, the exchange has plans to launch a spot branch. In anticipation of the BitMEX Spot’s arrival, the company released and airdropped its new native coin a few months back – BMEX.