Two days after the start of the new year, Bitcoin has taken for the skies, yet again. The cryptocurrency poked above a major level at $30,000.
- The price for Bitcoin marked another leg up, two days into the new year. Moments ago, it touched a high of $30,665 on the popular EU-based cryptocurrency exchange Bitstamp.
- The cryptocurrency now trades around $30,460 for a daily increase of about 3%.
- In the past seven days alone, bitcoin’s price has increased by more than 20%.
- Interestingly enough, this is also the 6th consecutive daily candle that BTC is trading in the green.
- The cryptocurrency is currently in price discovery territory making it hard, or even impossible, to pinpoint subsequent targets.
- It’s also worth noting that severe volatility is likely to be expected in the following few hours so traders ought to be careful when timing the market.
- A the time of this writing, all BTC holdings are currently in profit, highlighting the notion that HODLing BTC is a more careful and profitable approach than trying to time the market.