Axie Infinity (AXS) is among the latest digital assets to be listed for trading on Coinbase Pro. As it typically happens with similar developers, its price jumped by nearly 30% in a matter of hours after the announcement.
- The leading US exchange outlined the latest set of coins to find a place on the Coinbase Pro version of its trading platform on August 11th.
- Aside from the aforementioned AXS, the other tokens are REQ, TRU, and WLUNA. Users are able to deposit all four coins as of August 11th.
- The statement clarified that support for those “will generally be available in Coinbase’s supported jurisdictions with certain exceptions.”
- Furthermore, trading for all four will start “on or after” 9 AM Pacific Time (PT) today – on August 12th. However, all liquidity requirements have to be met, and the order books will launch in three phases – post-only, limit-only, and full trading.
- Each token will be available for trading with several trading pairs, including against the dollar (USD), Tether (USDT), euro (EUR), and bitcoin (BTC).
- Listings on Coinbase and Coinbase Pro are typically catalysts for immediate price increases, and the situation this time is no exception.
- AXS, the token behind the wildly popular blockchain-based virtual video game Axie Infinity, went from a low of $59 to a high above $77. After this 30% surge, though, it has calmed slightly and currently stands above $66.
- However, it has found a place in the top 30 largest digital assets with a market cap of over $4 billion.
- On a 24-hour scale, Request (REQ) has exploded by more than 100%, TrueFi (TRU) by roughly 60%, while Wrapped Luna’s gains were a bit more modest – about 10% in a day.