After joining forces with NBA’s Miami Heat, the cryptocurrency exchange FTX keeps its expansion with significant partnerships – this time is the US MLB. As a result, the trading platform has become the Official Cryptocurrency Exchange brand of the league.
- According to a press release from earlier on June 23rd, FTX has entered into a “long term, global partnership” with MLB. This has become the “first-ever” official collaboration between “a professional sports league and a cryptocurrency exchange.”
- Becoming the Official Cryptocurrency Exchange brand of MLB will enable FTX to “create increased brand awareness” and “continued innovation.”
- The US branch of the trading platform has also “formed an agreement” with MLB Players Inc. to receive group player rights. As a result, FTX will use MLB highlights to create original content.
“It’s an honor for FTX to be the first cryptocurrency exchange to be associated with the history and tradition of America’s national pastime. At FTX, we strive each day to make a positive global impact, and there is no better partner for us to achieve this goal with than with MLB and its international fan base.” – commented the exchange’s CEO and Founder – Sam Bankman-Fried.
- Noah Garden, the Chief Revenue Officer of the MLB, said his organization is “incredibly” excited to partner with a “global leader” like FTX. It will allow the league to adopt new technology and engage with fans.
- This major development comes just months after the trading venue inked another partnership with one of the most popular NBA teams – the Miami Heat.
- After the deal, worth $135 million, the team’s home court received a name change and is now officially called the FTX Arena.