The market may have corrected in the past couple of hours, but 1inch token and AAVE are doing rounds against the tide. The former surged by as much as 96%, while the latter – by 37%. This happened as Korea’s leading cryptocurrency exchange – Upbit, listed the tokens for trading.
- As CryptoPotato reported earlier today, the total cryptocurrency market tumbled in minutes as bitcoin’s price slid below $60K and reached as low as $58K.
- All altcoins followed suit, with most charting double-digit declines with a few exceptions, such as SHIB.
- However, two other cryptocurrencies that not only didn’t decrease but surged massively, in turn, were 1inch and AAVE.
- 1inch, the native token of the popular 1inch DEX aggregator, surged by almost 100%. The cryptocurrency charted a new all-time high at $8.65 (according to CoinGecko). The price has now corrected a bit but is still up considerably.
- Another one that increased substantially was AAVE – the governance token of the popular decentralized lending protocol, Aave.
- It surged by about 37% at one point, but it failed to come close to its all-time high, which is set at around $660 five months ago.
- All of the above came immediately after Upbit – Korea’s leading cryptocurrency exchange – announced that it will list both tokens to its platform and open them for trading.
- The exchange opened both BTC and KRW markets, and traders were able to deposit 30 minutes following the notice.
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter CRYPTOPOTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.